Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lovefest 2008!

Thursday night I visited Cathry in San Francisco and had a super fab time as she has the hook ups in the nightlife :) I was asked about Lovefest and if I would be coming back up for it. What is this Lovefest you speak of? Come to find out its a huge Rave style festival. I didn't really know what else to expect, except that I knew it would be in San Francisco...and well, that kinda helps you put the pieces together.

SO anyways, I knew that my cousin would be going to it, she lives in Berkeley. So I drove to Berkeley first and got ready with the cousins - Kelly and Katie. They were so cute and so themed out. I am a little shy when it comes to themed outfits (altho...anything goes at Lovefest - crazy colors, patterns, peace signs, costumes, glitter, bracelets, nudity...) I stuck with my uber cute Pink! sweater with a peace sign on the back. I put on long fake eyelashes with glitter - I thought they were cute :) Throughout the day I also accumulated some raver bracelets.

After, we walked to catch a ride on the BART to where the party was going down in Union Square, San Francisco. We caught the last of the parade, which was coo l because we thought it would be over by the time we got there.

Finally, after getting food, we made it to the Festival of LOVE. When we first got there, it was not as packed, but as the hours went by, more and more people were attending Lovefest. All of the floats were spread out and each had their own DJ- all playing Rave and House music. I really enjoyed it because I've been getting into this kind of music after traveling this summer in Europe and Australia - they love the house music.

The best part of the day was laughing with Katie about the ridiculousness of some of the outfits, or lack there of, people were sporting. Some things made sense according to the theme, others...not so much. And the nudity...wow. We saw a tour bus go by and I just thought of how crazy it might be for these tourists to see all of this, when I'm sure some of them had no idea what they were in for that day! It reminds me of the time my mom and I drove thru San Fran coming back home. I was young, and some of the things I saw...my eyes were wide open. Later that night, I caught the news, only to find out that the Gay Pride Parade was being held earlier that day in SF. It ALL made sense... I thought that was what SF was like... Imagine what strangers would think of this day called Lovefest.

Later that day I hooked up with Cathry and her friends. We made several stops at this bar on the corner right outside of the perimeters of Lovefest. Night settled in, and most people were dancing. Cathry TORE IT UP!!! Yes, you did Cathry! She started a "circle" where she busted out some sick moves! Some THIZZ moves! Hella Hyphy style! Basically, she was on fire and loving it.

I haven't been to a concert or festival in a long time, so it was a perfect time to be staying in Norcal. Lovefest was exciting, strange, and not to mention a random adventure considering I found out about it two days before.

PEACE && LOVE <33

No comments: